The Content Studio's new Direct Messaging feature makes it easy for you to communicate privately with front-end users participating in an online chat. It's a great feature for fielding questions or feedback from users who wish to discuss sensitive or otherwise private information.
Our goal with Direct Messaging is to empower you to directly converse with specific audience members, deepen relationships with consumers, and facilitate engagement around a specific topic or event.
What makes Direct Messaging so great?
- Facilitate direct conversations with readers / prospects in real-time
- Address the audience’s technical or sensitive questions privately
- Extend relationships beyond an event (potential to continue conversations by email or phone if the contact info was provided) to nurture a lead
- Provide exclusive content, reward audience members for positive engagement (e.g. a publisher could pick 'best comment' and reward that user with a promo via DM, or allow an audience member to have a DM conversation with a celeb or guest author)
- Issue a private warning to a specific audience member if their comments are offensive / against the publishers policy prior to resorting to banning.