The Twitter Automate feature allows you to automatically publish tweets into your stream from specific users or lists you may follow on Twitter. Automatically publishing tweets from users or lists that you follow, allows you to further simplify your workflow and drive audience engagement.
Note: Your account may have a limit of Twitter users that can be auto-followed. To increase your account’s Twitter auto-follow limit, contact your ScribbleLive sales representative, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the links below to learn more about auto-following tweets to your stream:
Dashboard > Any Live Stream > Write
Administrator | Developer | Editor
Auto-Follow a Specific Twitter Account
To automatically post tweets from a specific user to your stream:
1. Go to your stream’s Write page and click on Menu > Automate > Twitter located at the top of the page.
2. In the Follow column, enter a Twitter handle in the Name field and click on the Follow button. Tweets from this Twitter handle will flow directly into your stream. If prompted, you may have to connect your Twitter account to ScribbleLive by logging into your Twitter account.
Note: Moderation settings do not apply to users that are auto-followed unless the "Add to Moderation Hub" box is checked.
Auto-Follow a Specific Twitter List
To automatically post tweets from users in a specific Twitter list:
- Go to your stream’s Write page and navigate to Menu > Automate > Twitter at the top of the page.
- In the Follow column, click on the Choose a Twitter List link under the Name field.
- Select a Twitter list to auto-follow from your created Twitter lists. If prompted, you may have to connect your Twitter account to ScribbleLive by logging into your Twitter account.
- Click on Follow List to auto-follow a Twitter list connected to your Twitter account.
Note: The number of Twitter handles in your selected Twitter list will count towards your auto-follow limit.
Unfollow Twitter Users
To stop a followed Twitter user’s tweets from automatically flowing into your stream:
- Go to your stream’s Write page and click on Menu > Automate > Twitter at the top of the page.
- In the Follow column, locate the list of Twitter users your stream presently auto-follows.
- Click Unfollow located on the right-side of the Twitter handle you no longer wish to auto-follow.