Publish engaging and eye-catching content using the features in our Rich Text Editor. Whether your content is created by your team or curated from social channels, our editing and styling options allow you to display content in a way that is consistent with your brand.
Dashboard > Any Live Stream > Write
Create a Post in the Content Studio
Posts are created in the Rich Text Editor (RTE). Our Rich Text Editor gives you multiple formatting options, allowing you to create visually appealing and engaging articles. There are multiple ways to create a post:
- Enter original content in the RTE, including text and uploaded images
- Add social content to the RTE from the Search Content panel using the "Add to text editor" button
- Drag content (comments, social content, etc.) from the Moderation Hub or Social Hub into the RTE
- Enter a URL or embed code into the RTE and add commentary
- You also have the option of publishing immediately to the stream, scheduling content or sending the post to the Mod Hub to publish later on
Formatting your content in the Content Studio:
The following formatting options are available in the Content Studio's Rich Text Editor:
|Bold||Clear Formatting||Alignment/Justification||Undo and Redo||Expanding Content Editor|
|Italic||Underline & Strikethrough||Multi Column Templates||Hyperlink Options
||Multiple Font Styles|
|Quotations||Bulleted & Numbered Lists||Text Colour and Background Colour||Image Uploading||Multiple Headers (Formats)|
Paste a URL into the Rich Text Editor to encourage readers to visit a certain webpage. If an image is part of the OG meta tag, pasting the URL will result in an image preview, a link to the original article, and an editable article description.
The image and article link below were generated by pasting the following link into the editor box: http://www.lemonde.fr/jeux-olympiques-rio-2016/article/2016/08/19/jo-2016-yohann-diniz-en-perdition_4985089_4910444.html
Create a Post in the Original Writer's Interface
There are two ways to Format your Content Atoms; with the Quick tab or the Advanced tab in the content editor of the Original Writer's Interface.
The Quick Tab
- Create posts in any language and hit “Enter” on your keyboard, or click on Save Post to quickly publish posts into your stream.
- Create posts with basic HTML tags (i.e., BR, STRONG, EM, A, EMBED or OBJECT) that will render once your post has been published to your stream.
- Add basic formatting to your post using the Bold and Italic.
- Simultaneously tweet posts with a linkback to your stream.
How To Create a Post with Quick Tab
1. Go to your stream's Write page.
2. Ensure the Quick tab is selected and create your content in the content editor.
3. Optional: Add basic formatting using the Bold and Italic formatting options.
4. Hit “Enter” on your keyboard, or click on Save Post to instantly publish your post.
URL Preview Post
Place URLs in the content editor and hit “Enter” to see a URL preview rendered in your stream.
- Copy an image URL from anywhere on the web.
- Paste the image URL into the content editor, ensuring that Quick tab is selected.
- Click the Save Post button or press enter on your keyboard.
The Advanced Tab
Bold, Italics, Underlines, Bullets, Numbering, Sub headers and Quotes
- Go to your stream's Write page.
- Ensure the Advanced tab is selected. Add your text to the content editor.
- Highlight the text you want to Bold, Italics, Underline, Bullet, Number, change into a Sub header or place in Block Quotations and select the appropriate formatting option.
Note: HTML tags cannot be placed in the Advanced Tab editor; formatting appears instantly.
In the Advanced editor, drag images one on top of the other to create a slideshow. Learn more about slideshows here.
Drag and Drop
Pictures can be dragged in from other live streams and edited before being posted to your stream.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- In the content editor, select the Advanced Tab.
- Select the ScribbleLive tab on the social sidebar, located in the right-rail of your page.
- Click on the Live Stream drop-down menu to select the live stream you wish to pull images from.
- Drag and drop images into the the content editor. Note: you can drag the image to appear left-justified, right-justified, or in the center. You can also edit your image and add captions.
- Click the Save Post button to post the image to your stream.
How to Edit Images
To edit images in your stream:
- Hover over any image in your stream. The User Settings menu will appear in the top-right corner of the post.
- Click on the gear icon to expand the drop-down menu.
- Under the Post Options heading, click on Edit to Rotate the image or Crop the image.
- Click on Apply to commit all changes to the image.
- Click on Save to publish your image changes to your stream. The image will automatically be updated in the live stream without the reader needing to refresh the page.