Templates allow you to choose how you would like your content to be displayed when published. ScribbleLive Engage offers several visualizations to choose from when publishing your content.
Dashboard > Create New Stream
Administrator | Developer | Editor
How to Locate Publishing Templates
There are two ways to locate and select a template for your stream:
- When creating a new stream
- From within an existing stream
When creating a new stream
- When creating a new stream, there are a series of configuration steps along the top of the page. Clicking Template will allow you to select a publishing visualization for your stream. Note: You can also navigate to the Templates section by clicking Next Step – Templates at the bottom of the previous page.
- Once on the Template page, click on the template tabs (e.g. Whitelabel, Embed, etc.) to view available templates in your client account.
From within an existing stream
A publishing template can be chosen well after a stream has been created.
- Using the stream menu at the top of your stream, navigate to Menu > Setup > Templates.
- Once on the Template page, click a template type to see the available templates in your account.
Types of Templates
ScribbleLive Engage offers several publishing templates, giving you the flexibility to display your content in multiple ways. You can publish your stream using any of the following templates:
A Whitelabel is a microsite. If whitelabels are included in your contract, your Customer Success Manager will help you to coordinate getting a whitelabel template created. See what is required to get a whitelabel template created.
Benefits of using a whitelabel:
Once the whitelabel template has been created, it will appear on your list of whitelabel templates.
To attach your stream to a whitelabel template:
- Click the circle at the left of the template name. A green checkmark will confirm that the stream has been connected.
- Visit your stream by pasting the provided permalink into your browser.
Note: You can connect your stream to several whitelabel templates if you have more than one template in your account.
An embed showcases your content in a linear display. It is great for live-blogging, Question & Answer periods, and any experience which tells a chronological story.
Selecting Embed will give you a list of linear templates. New templates can be created by Administrators and Developers. Click here to learn more about creating and customizing an embed template.
To publish your stream using an embed template:
- Click Embed at the top of the Template page.
- Click on a template that you would like to use. The embed code will appear on the right side of the page.
- Copy the embed code and paste it in your CMS.
Note: Embed codes generate script tags. To generate an iframe code, click on the Old Code link, and then on Copy to copy the iframe code to your clipboard.
If you are a long-time ScribbleLive user, then you may have created an embed template with our V5 embed template. Although our V5 template has now been deprecated in favour of our V7 template, you can still access your V5 templates in the Legacy Embed tab. Click on Copy to copy the embed code to your clipboard.
Note: Legacy embeds are not compatible with Content Studio Social embeds.
ScribbleLive Engage offers two types of pinboards:
- Original Pinboard - This style is great for a variety of content types.
- Visual Pinboard - This style highlights visual content
Original Pinboard templates can be created and edited by Administrators and Developers. Once a new template has been created, it will appear on the list of pinboard templates. Learn more about creating Pinboard templates here.
To publish your stream using pinboard template:
- Click Pinboard at the top of the Template page.
- Select a pinboard style: Original Pinboard or Visual Pinboard.
- Click on a template that you would like to use (Original Pinboard only).
- Copy the pinboard embed code and paste it in your CMS.
A Timeline is an engaging way to recount events in chronological order. Your readers can digest events in a series of summaries, and click through each post as they read your story.
Timeline templates can be created and edited by Administrators and Developers. Once a new template has been created, it will appear on the list of timeline templates. Learn more about creating Timeline templates here.
To publish your stream using timeline template:
- Click Timeline at the top of the Template page.
- Click on a template that you would like to use.
- Copy the timeline embed code and paste it in your CMS.
Storytelling is a long-form content experience which engages your audience with large graphics and parallax scrolling. When using the Storytelling visualization, we recommend following the workflow outlined in this article: Getting Started with Storytelling.
Click the image to learn more about Storytelling: