Recently, ScribbleLive Engage clients have been facing some challenges when curating content from Facebook and Instagram social media. These challenges stem directly from recent actions by Facebook as Facebook is changing the way all partners like ScribbleLive access Facebook and Instagram data. As of April 4th, 2018, changes to the Facebook and Instagram APIs have impacted ScribbleLive Engage platform in the following ways:
- Content Studio Discovery Hub - Facebook search on “Feed” and “Posts” will no longer display information such as text, image or video posts.
- Content Studio Discovery Hub - Instagram “User Search” will no longer display any data.
- Social Automation - Instagram and Facebook will no longer auto populate data to clients’ live streams.
We ask your patience and offer two workarounds to overcome this situation.
- Use the direct url from Facebook, see step by step instructions below (video link walking you through this workaround can be found here):
- Log into Facebook and search for the post you would need for your event.
- Copy the URL of that post.
- Go to ScribbleLive Engage platform and paste it in the Content Studio RTE and click on publish.
- Copy the embed code (iframe code) from Facebook and paste it directly into ScribbleLive Engage platform. See step by step instructions below (video link walking your through this workaround can be found here):
- Log into Facebook and Navigate to your Post.
- You can get the “embed code” directly from the post itself. If the post is public, click on the icon that appears in the top right corner of the post on Facebook.
- Choose Embed Post from the drop down menu, copy the embed code and then add it to the Content Studio RTE to publish the post in your event.
As per Facebook and Instagram new data access procedures, “all apps, including formerly approved apps (including ScribbleLive Engage), must undergo App Review in order to gain access to the API”. ScribbleLive Engage has already been re-submitted for review and are awaiting response from Facebook/Instagram.
As a strategic partner we will continue to work with Facebook to ensure a great outcome for our customers and will provide updates as they become available to us.